Date Posted: August 13, 2019
Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home (2601 Bayview Avenue, North York, On M2L 1B3).
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive toforever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Are you looking to make a difference? If you are a dedicated RPN that takes the time to collaborate with your client, who is compassionate and willing to focus on their well being, rather than the individual tasks at hand, then this role may be for you!
SE Health has an immediate need for casual Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) who have a passion for caring for others and who are able to not only assist clients with activities of personal care, meals, recreational activities and household management, but who take the time to foster relationships and truly understand the wants and needs of those that they provide care to.This may be your opportunity to work in a residential setting supporting seniors with dementia live a quality life. Your role will build off leading edge models of care with this population maximizing on innovative tools and resources.
A successful candidate will have a strong affinity for working with patients with Alzheimers and Dementia. A key principle that we look for specific to this role is ‘relational caring’. Relational caring is the on-going process of building a person’s capacity to support another person in their growth and well-being. This means we are looking for a candidate whom has strong empathy, attention to detail, who is real and honest with others, and a strong advocate for compassionate relationships.
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and Community policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated care partners assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, teaching delegated tasks, coaching, and supporting as per the hospitality model.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence,
- Identifies health, safety or maintenance issues, and reports as required.
- Liaising with and other health care professionals, families, and any other people required in order to facilitate the highest level of resident care.
- Actively participates in team meetings and training/learning opportunities as required.
- Charting on daily basis
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- RPN Certificate, current registration with the CNO in good standing.
- 5- 10 years of community and/ or long term care experience
- Experience in Dementia/Alzheimer care
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Certificates is an asset. U-first, GPA, Workshops, GPI.
- Availability for evenings, days, and every other weekend. Shifts will be informed in advance based on available shifts and openings
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Mental health experience is an asset
- Ufirst Training is required
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment to meet resident needs.
- Good computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.