Date Posted: October 17, 2019
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Registered Practical Nurse - Transitional Care Facility
Hillcrest Reactivation Centre, Toronto
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and Community policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated care partners assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, teaching delegated tasks, coaching, and supporting as per the hospitality model.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence,
- Identifies health, safety or maintenance issues, and reports as required.
- Liaising with AHS and other health care professionals, families, and any other people required in order to facilitate the highest level of resident care.
- Actively participates in team meetings and training/learning opportunities as required.
- Charting on daily basis using electronic charting system
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- RPN Certificate, current registration with the CNO in good standing.
- 5- 10 years of community and/ or long term care experience
- Experience in wound care; catheter care; ostomies; enteral feeding required
- Availability for evenings, days, and every other weekend. Shifts will be informed in advance based on available shifts and openings
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Mental health experience is an asset
- GPI Certification is an asset
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment to meet resident needs.
- Good computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with IV/PICCs is an asset
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.