Date Posted: July 23, 2021
Registered Practical Nurse ( RPN)
$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS
North York ( Bathurst & Victoria Park) 8am-4pm or 3pm-11pm
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Registered Practical Nurse ( RPNs), who want to be part of the transformational change in-home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You will be part of a diverse and collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work within the RPN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a Registered Practical Nurse ( RPN) you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- As a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) you will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training, and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RPNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Work Perks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Nurses will receive a temporary increase of $3.00 per hour for all client care hours until August 23, 2021
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights, and every other weekend.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle (travel required).
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background checks, and Vulnerable sector checks are required upon hire.
- A willingness to attain the required SE Health certifications.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email, etc.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes.
- A current CPR certificate is required.
- Willing to work 22.5 hours per week to be eligible for the sign-on bonus
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion), and numerous hand grips of varying forces.
:SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with the purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our staff.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com