Date Posted: December 03, 2018
About Saint Elizabeth
Saint Elizabeth is a national health care provider that has been opening the door to new possibilities and experiences for more than a century. Recognized as Canada’s largest social enterprise, we employ more than 9000 people and perform more than 20,000 care interactions every day. Through the Saint Elizabeth Research Centre, Health Career Colleges, the Saint Elizabeth Foundation and our leadership in person and family centered care, we are helping to make the future of health care brighter and stronger. Saint Elizabeth Health Care was awarded the Canada Order of Excellence in 2015.
We are currently hiring Full Time Registered Practical Nurses (RPN)
You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment and work within the RPN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As an RPN you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience.
- $1,000 sign on bonus.
- As an RPN you will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge.
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RPNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Availability to work days, evenings and every other weekends
- Updated immunization record, clear criminal background check and Vulnerable sector check is required upon hire
- Must be available to work in Picton, Napanee, Yarker, Tamworth and Kaladar and surrounding area’s
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email etc.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Works well in a changing environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A current CPR certificate is required
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching at chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion) and numerous hand grips of varying forces
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on the Company’s policies, including its policies regarding human rights, accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) during your orientation process.