Date Posted: December 19, 2022
SE Health is hiring FT RPN's to work overnight shift for Journey Home Hospice
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), who wants to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You will have opportunities to provide point of care leadership as the primary provider for client populations of whom you are accountable for. You will also be part of a diverse and collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work in optimal RN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
Want to make a difference in the lives of Canadians most in need? Join our Journey Home Hospice team today!
Windsor shelters are often unable to provide planned palliative care deaths in their facilities and homeless individuals are likely to lack the family and social support networks that assist in providing care in the community. As a result, these individuals are dying on the street and in hospitals. We will be opening a 3 bed cluster of residential hospice beds that will open Fall 2022. SE Health is looking for RPN’s who have a passion for caring for others and is able to assist clients with activities of personal care, household management, and end of life support.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Subsidized RPNAO memberships
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) specialty certification an asset
- Enthusiasm and love of community care and passion for evidence-informed practice & excellence in care
- Gerontology competencies preferred
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes
- A current CPR certificate is required
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle (travel required)
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire.
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- Availability to workdays, evenings, nights and every other weekend.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email, etc.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online nimmiIsac@sehc.com