Date Posted: August 29, 2022
ABOUT OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
The OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE Department creates opportunities for improvement within the operations portfolio (national scope) and provides operational support to the field operations. The team specializes in the use of innovation and creativity in making sustainable transformation and change happen. This team has three main areas of focus: Business Intelligence, Process Improvement and Solution Design and Delivery.
The Operational Excellence team is responsible for identifying, planning and implementing Information Management/Information Technology and Process based solutions in Operations; working in tandem with Operations, Information Services/Technology and the Mobility Team.
Reporting to the Director, Operational Excellence, the Senior Clinical Business Analyst works collaboratively with other key stakeholders to identify clinical and business needs related to clinical applications and analytics, including gathering functional requirements, workflow analysis, process mapping and definition, system configuration, testing/validation, and general maintenance of clinical applications. The Senior Clinical Business Analyst will be required to lead small to medium size initiatives, supporting the priorities of the Clinical Practice portfolio (such as clinical outcomes, quality, risk, and compliance) through successful change management and transitioning to new or improved process and digital solutions. As well, you will participate in the training associated with new and existing technologies and processes to support clinical practice.
- Works with the inter-professional staff to optimize digital adoption and standardization of clinical information systems, evaluate business processes, uncover areas for improvement and develop and implement solutions.
- Works with the inter-professional staff to optimize digital adoption and standardization of clinical information systems.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes, developing optimization strategies and recommending system configuration and modification to support evolving clinical needs.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance (e.g., detailed task lists, project schedule, issue logs, financials, status reporting, ongoing monitoring, and reporting).
- Maintain business relationship with stakeholders to ensure successful implementation that enable quality and process improvement for field staff.
- Work closely with practice leaders, business owners and the Operational Excellence team to facilitate successful execution of deliverables.
- Facilitate and participate in working sessions to elicit functional & non-functional requirements.
- Document current and future state clinical and business processes and aid in developing strategies and solutions that meet business needs and requirements.
- Create and refine preliminary design / mockup of new functionality and develop flow charts, functional diagrams, and descriptions to communicate application design specifications for projects, as required.
- Lead activities and training with business users on new / improved clinical and operational processes, deployment of new technologies and applications in support of business processes.
- Participate in selection, implementation, and training of new/revised software applications.
- Provide training and advice on the use of information systems and technologies.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- A degree in Clinical or Health Informatics with supplemental business education or a related degree (Business / Computer Science / Health Sciences) with additional diploma / certificate in Clinical or Health Informatics. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of creating Business Requirements (user stories), Use Cases and Functional Specification documents
- Experience as a licensed healthcare professional is an asset
- Excellent communication, business analysis, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of clinical policies, procedures and standards of care
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis
- User engagement and stakeholder management
- Project planning and project control
- Familiarity with agile delivery model or keen passion to adapt to agile delivery model
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Conflict management
- Familiar with process and quality improvement methodologies
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook
- Experience with MicroStrategy, Tableau or other business intelligence tools
- Ability to quickly learn a variety of software applications
- A strong team-work orientation and ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.