Date Posted: August 29, 2022
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will provide key support to the financial management team by processing and analyzing financial data to support effective financial decision-making across the organization. CPA designation required
Markham, Ontario office visits may be required periodically
- Accountable for controllership function for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Coordinate, consult and collaborate to support year-end audit activities, including audit
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting transactions for various business lines.
- Support development of annual plans/budgets and forecasts
- Assist in gathering and evaluating business requirements on financial projects
- Develop and improve various financial reports and KPIs
- Analyze financial data such as costing, unit analysis and performance statistics
- Informs department leaders of trends, issues and/or opportunities identified via analysis of key financial and operational data
- Support initiatives for improving internal controls and processes
- Identify issues and work closely with cross-functional teams to find solutions.
- Respond to financial requests and inquiries from various business areas
- CPA designation and post-secondary degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian accounting principles for NPOs and private enterprise is required
- Advanced Excel with proficiency in Great Plains, QuickBooks and BI-Microstrategies are desired
- Progressive work experience in financial analysis and reporting and internal controls typically gained through public accounting firm positions
- Exposure to Canadian, US and charity tax legislation an asset
- Results-driven with demonstrated flexibility in work assignments
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to work well with customers and other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable and willingly embrace change
- Strong sense of urgency and respect for deadline
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com