The Sr. Manager IS is responsible for the full development life cycle of SE Health business application capabilities and the direction of technical resources within the IS business line. The IS team works with stakeholders both within and outside of IS, including external vendor partners, to understand operational requirements in order to recommend technical and business solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. To achieve this, you will direct a team of IS professionals responsible for organizational effectiveness and service delivery through leading the planning, development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of operational IS systems.
Strategy and Planning
· Working with the senior leaders, plan and strategize development plans with respect to operational applications/technology.
· Develop and present formal business cases for proposed system enhancements or replacements
· Oversee the development and/or acquisition of software solutions that align to IS and business objectives.
· Identify, evaluate and recommend commercially available applications to support operational strategy
· Work collaboratively with functional areas to identify software application needs and business solutions
· Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
· Implement policies, standards, best practices and procedures to enhance service excellence.
· Facilitate vendor management and negotiate vendor agreements, software contracts and master agreements as necessary.
· Provide support for the acquisition, adoption, implementation and use of new technologies, technology solutions and tools that align to IS goals and business objectives.
· Develop strong partnerships with business leaders in championing the adoption of IS Services as a means of supporting key business priorities.
· Monitor project actions steps, ensuring time frames and outcomes are met
· Provide oversight to ensure the effective execution of agreed upon initiatives.
· Oversee the development and implementation of system enhancements and solutions to meet ongoing business and user needs
· Oversee staffing needs and resource availability in support of project initiatives and operational support.
· Provide overall thought leadership and act as an escalation point to the broader team in support of delivering business value.
· Identify and implement new methods, processes or organizational improvements to enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the IS team.
· Actively monitor, provide operational support and ensure commitments to meet prescribed application SLA’s.
· Measure and monitor implementation outcomes
· Lead the development and implementation of application development to gain efficiencies
Leadership & Staff Development
· Establish and communicate goals and objectives to your team, coach and encourage teamwork and communication.
· Lead and navigate in sometimes complex and/or ambiguous situations.
· Identify, influence and drive organizational change.
· Pursue self-development opportunities to enhance leadership competency
· Identify and support opportunities for professional development within team members
· Facilitate and maintain team development and build team capacity
· Interview and select team members and oversee their orientation/training
· Actively engage in ongoing Performance Management
· Bachelors in Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent, and/or related work experience.
· 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience, which includes experience working with enterprise applications and/or systems; both existing systems and new technologies
· 5+ year’s proven experience leading a team of IT professionals in support of development, implementation and support of software solutions.
· Past experience in identifying and improving organizational and/or team inefficiencies.
· A thorough understanding of both technical and business issues involved with developing and bringing to market technology products/solutions is required
· Demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvements in business processes is required
· Proven stakeholder management abilities, including 3rd parties.
· Project management skills are preferred. PMI or Agile management certifications are an asset.
· Proven experience in effectively working with both business and technical teams on Information Technology projects.
· Strong relationship management skills and ability to foster internal relationships with leaders across the organization.
· Demonstrated team, leadership and management skills are required
· Knowledge of end to end product management is required
· Well-developed analytical, planning and problem-solving abilities are required
· Strong understanding of human capital and organizational change management principles, practices, and procedures
· Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to senior management and influence business decisions.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Strong facilitation, negotiation and issue resolution skills.
· A thought leader, inquisitive and comfortable in challenging the status quo
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online Christalwasher@sehc.com