Date Posted: March 02, 2023
Make an Impact on People’s Lives; Join SE Health as a Speech-Language Pathologist
Hiring Full or Part time
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
SE Health and Pathways Therapy have partnered to offer exciting opportunities for a Speech-Language Pathologist interested in a flexible and diverse caseload. This is an opportunity to consider joining SE Health, joining Pathways Therapy, or joining both organizations at the same time – which would allow you to be able to work up to full-time hours between the two employers. This opportunity enables you to provide services to distinct populations, from each organization.
We are currently seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist to provide client management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation, and follow-up services to clients. The successful candidate will efficiently manage their time between the two employers, as they see fit.
- Registration and good-standing with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- An openness to serving clients requiring swallowing/dysphagia assessment and treatment, with peer support as needed
- A willingness to further understanding of assessment and treatment in the area of Stoke/Neuro
- Experience with assessment and treatment of common pediatric speech and language disorders
- A willingness to work closely on a team, and/or mentor other therapists
- A valid driver’s license and a vehicle
- Flexibility covering an assigned area
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Our mission is to bring hope and happiness, and we treat each person – staff, and patients – with dignity and love, like our own families. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Why Join SE Health:
- Signing bonus of up to $10,000 for employees who meet minimum hour requirements.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and be part of a team.
- Develop yourself with SE . We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning.
- Grow your career . SE Health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have the ability to learn and grow with us – into different roles, locations, and opportunities.
- The possibility of providing service to both adult and pediatric populations.
- Competitive Compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes competitive rates, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
About Pathways Therapy:
We are a therapist-owned clinic, with a 3400 square foot, beautiful treatment facility in North Waterloo. We offer SLP, OT, PT, Music Therapy, Kinesiology, and Dietetics. We specialize in both pediatrics, and adults with neurological issues or complex care needs. We have FSCO licensing for treatment of clients post Motor-Vehicle Accident. We also run equine-assisted PT and OT, and have offered equine-assisted SLP in the past (where we had an interested team member in developing this program). Our SLPs currently work mainly with pediatric clients.
Why Join Pathways Therapy:
- Close-knit team with an employer attentive to your needs
- Have the flexibility of private practice with promotion, billing, administration, COVID policies, and toy cleaning done for you.
- Team consultation from a multi-disciplinary perspective.
- Strong volunteer program to support your COVID disinfection of materials and toys.
- Be an ‘intrapreneur’ – use the flexibility and volume of clients from SE Health, as well as the size of Pathways Therapy to niche down on which referrals you see, becoming the local expert on the SLP area of your choice, such as literacy, auditory-verbal therapy, fluency, stroke rehab, brain injury, etcetera. We can help you develop a caseload of your preferred area of practice.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
- If you are interested in Pathways, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in SE Health, contact Tamara Nix at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com