Date Posted: March 09, 2023
The Strategy Analyst (Summer Intern) provides support to SE Strategy and Growth Team particularly around New Ventures activities. The New Ventures team is SE Health’s endeavor with a goal of supporting and investing in next generation startups creating breakthrough products and services addressing some of the biggest challenges in healthcare and beyond, while making a positive social impact to all stakeholders. The Strategy Analyst will support the team via carrying out activities such as market research, environmental scan, data analysis, and financial modelling. These activities will be used to evaluate emerging themes and frameworks, technologies and business sectors, financial analysis and modeling, support commercial due diligence and support preparation of investment memos/pitches.
The Strategy Analyst will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders and partners to proactively engage with, research and identify investment opportunities to help grow our pipeline of impact investments.
You will have the opportunity to work on and support our team with a range of exciting projects. Responsibilities will be matched with assigned projects (the following are some examples):
- Work with SE internal and external partners to explore and evaluate investment themes and opportunities aligned to our strategic focus areas, and translating research and insights into recommendations and strategy
- Assist in development and execution of establishing new partnerships, collaboration, and exploration, in addition to supporting in existing relationships
- Conduct market research, competitive landscape, analyze and put forward insights in a concise manner
- Conduct financial modelling/forecasting and support in the development of business case based on ROI etc.
- Support planning and execution of in-person and virtual meetings
- Explore, analyze, and update market opportunities in new markets, along with recommendations
- Examine projects and alignment with changing environment and long-term strategy for SE; make recommendations as appropriate for strengthening or adjusting the strategy
- · Support the business activities associated with ventures, including the establishment of agreements, governance structures, facilitation of working groups and establishing operational procedures
- Assist in the preparation of investment memos and pitches to Investment Committee
- Support the creation of a metric-tracking dashboards
- Develop well-research thought leadership content to be published on various SE Health online assets (blogs, newsletters, etc.)
- Attend and participate in meetups, events, conference within the ecosystem to represent SE Health
- A strong sense of curiosity and eagerness to problem-solve, willing to explore complex challenges
- Passionate about and demonstrated interest in early to mid stage investing, emerging technology innovations, solving complex health (and related) challenges, and venture capital
- Business-stream upper year undergraduate, MBA, and/or masters students with a strong financial analysis skill set, and track record of academic excellence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be available for a 4-month or 16-week term
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently, and work well in a hybrid team environment (Toronto or Markham office for the occasional in-person days)
- Passionate to learn, help, and grow our Social Impact through innovation
- Strong interest in financial modelling and working in new market
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.