Date Posted: March 09, 2023
Supporting the Strategy & Growth team at one of Canada’s largest social enterprises, this position plays an integral role in supporting the advancement of SE Health’s 8 to Great priorities for growth and impact. The Strategy Analyst will apply superb market research, analytical and presentation skills to determine and articulate implementation options for service expansion, integration, and strategic partnerships. At the beginning of each internship term, the intern will be assigned to specific projects and the scope of engagement will be determined based on the intern’s learning plan and the status of the assigned project(s). If you are excited about paving into new markets, developing innovative solutions to challenging problems, join the SE Strategy and Growth team at SE Health.
- You will have the opportunity to work on and support our team with a range of exciting projects. Responsibilities will be matched with assigned projects (the following are some examples):
- Work with SE internal and external partners to identify and evaluate opportunities aligned to SE Health’s 8 to Great strategic priorities
- Conduct environmental scans and industry analysis to identify, evaluate and put forward recommendations based on insights
- Supports in the development of documents including briefs, templates, and reports
- Support in implementation planning including development of workplans
- Examine projects and alignment with changing environment and SE’s long-term strategy; make recommendations as appropriate for strengthening or adjusting the strategy
- Support the business activities including the establishment of governance structures, facilitation of working groups, establishing operational procedures
- A strong sense of curiosity and eagerness to problem-solve, willing to explore complex challenges
- Year 1 or 2 in post-graduate studies in the areas of business, health administration, public health, or related program.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available for a 4-month or 16-week term
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently, and work well in a hybrid team environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Passionate to learn, help, and grow our social impact through innovation
- Knowledge of issues and trends in Canadian health care and the social impact sector is an asset
- Leverages research and analytics to support decision making on strategic direction and alignment with business priorities
- Ability to conduct research, distill information into succinct insights and actionable recommendations
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Word, and general competence with various
- computer and web-based applications
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.