Date Posted: February 14, 2020
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, senior’s lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
We are currently seeking a Casual Therapy Assistant to work at Saint Elizabeth Rehab Health physiotherapy clinic, a preferred rehab partner of Mackenzie Health. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Therapy Assistant will collaborate in the provision of evidence informed therapeutic services and excellent customer service that will help individuals reach their rehabilitation goals and achieve their best quality of life.
The Therapy Assistant will practice under the guidance and direction of a qualified Registered Physiotherapist in a fast paced dynamic environment.
As the successful candidate you met the qualifications below and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 11:00 am - 7:00 pm (hours subject to change)
Location Bayview and Elgin Mills.
- Follow, implement, and reinforce treatment plans designed and directed by a Physiotherapist
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist, including but not limited to instructing/supervising exercises, application of modalities (e.g. Heat, ice, US, IFC) and documentation
- Communicates with supervising Therapists about patient progress and need for possible program modifications on a consistent and timely basis
- Communicates effectively with patients and caregivers regarding patient activities
- Contributes to a positive clinic environment and provides exceptional customer service
- Preforms general upkeep of the rehabilitation space, maintain all equipment, laundry, and clean up
- Preforms administrative tasks as needed such as answering phone calls and scheduling appointments and other duties as required
- Physiotherapy Assistant Diploma, University Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or equivalent preferably with at least 1 year of experience.
- Knowledge of exercise prescription for commonly seen conditions.
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment and gait aids
- Ability to apply and operate various physiotherapy treatment modalities including electrical stimulation and ultrasound
- Good knowledge of different physical therapy techniques
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Ability to work with adults individually and in group/circuit settings
- Ability to perform repetitive bending, reaching, pushing, lifting and transferring using proper/safe body mechanics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications.
- Strong customer engagement and retention abilities
- Availability to work flexible hours
- BCLS and CPR preferred
- Vulnerable sector check (current)