Date Posted: October 26, 2021
We are currently seeking Casual (Saturday and/or Sundays) Therapy Assistant to work at Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital. As a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team, the Occupational Therapist/ Physiotherapist Assistant (OTA/PTA) will collaborate in the provision of therapeutic services. The Therapy Assistant will practice under the guidance and direction of a qualified Registered Occupational Therapist and/or Physiotherapist.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of a recognized OTA/PTA Certificate or Diploma program from an “accredited community college” with one year of work experience in an inpatient setting. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
Therapists will receive a temporary increase of $3.00 per hour for all client care hours
- Assist the supervising Physiotherapist and Occupational therapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for patients in the hospital setting.
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapists including, but not limited to, gait training, balance exercises, transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, ADL re-training, and the application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, TENS).
- Deliver dynamic, safe and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for 1:1 interventions or groups of patients.
- Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after patients’ treatments.
- Ensure that the therapy gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy.
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapists regarding any changes or concerns about a patient’s status or treatment interventions.
- Completed an OTA/PTA Diploma.
- Minimum 1-year experience working in an inpatient setting is required (inpatient unit experience is preferred).
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment, gait aids and wheelchairs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive bending, reaching, pushing, lifting and transferring using proper/safe body mechanics.
- BCLS ertificate.
- Criminal background check, Vulnerable sector check and Immunization record (current).
- Must be available Saturdays 8:00 am - 4:00pm or Sundays 8:00am- 4:00pm
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online EffieChristidis@sehc.com