Hamilton - Wentworth
Date Posted: January 09, 2023
Start an exciting new career with SE Health! Earn your HSW certification with SE Career College of Health
Investing in You so Together We can Help People in Need
Ask about our bonuses!
SE Health is excited to offer this new sponsored training program in collaboration with SE Career College of Health, to provide a new generation of passionate HSWs with the skills they need to help people in our communities.
Are you someone who wants to put their energy and passion for life towards caring for others? We are seeking committed, compassionate people who can multi-task to meet a variety of challenges.
This training program has been designed to provide you with all of the knowledge and skills you need to be successful.
This training program includes the following:
- Four (4) weeks of PAID HSW Training: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- First 3 weeks are virtual and 1 week is practical hands on training
- Training for the HSW Program is paid at $15.50/hr
- Candidates who successfully complete the 4 weeks HSW paid training program, will be offered work as a Home Support Worker within our health care team upon graduation
- Learn: Activities of personal care, Household management and General support
Who You Are:
- Caring and compassionate
- Calm under pressure
- A strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Friendly and collaborative
- Comfortable taking direction and working independently
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and agility within a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns
- Ability to travel and attend meetings to support the needs of the patient
- Having a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is mandatory
- Having a standard First Aid and level C CPR certificate within 3 weeks of start date
- Proof of updated required Immunizations MMR, Varicella/Zosters, HepB, Tetanus and a negative Tuberculosis test (within 6 months)
- Must have a clear police check and vulnerable sector check (Upon Job Offer)
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org