Date Posted: April 07, 2021
Start an exciting new career with SE Health! Earn your PSW certification with SE Career College of Health’s PSW program! This program meets or exceeds the Ontario Personal Support Worker Program standard and is approved through the Ministry of Colleges and Universities. No experience required!
SE Health is excited to offer this new sponsored training program in collaboration with SE Career College of Health, to provide a new generation of passionate PSWs with the skills they need to help people in our communities.
Are you someone who wants to put their energy and passion for life towards caring for others? We are seeking committed, compassionate people who can multi-task to meet a variety of challenges.
This training program has been designed to provide you with all of the knowledge and skills you need to be successful.
This training program includes the following:
- Four (4) weeks of PAID HSW Training: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. First 3 weeks is virtual and 1 week practical
- (6) month PSW Training: Monday to Friday 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Activities of personal care
- Household management
- General support
- Candidates who successfully complete the 4 weeks HSW paid training program, will be offered work as a Home Support Worker within our health care team upon graduation
- Work as a Home Support Worker while undergoing the FREE PSW training program
Who You Are:
- Caring and compassionate
- Calm under pressure
- A strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Friendly and collaborative
- Comfortable taking direction and working independently
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and agility within a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns
- Ability to travel and attend meetings to support the needs of the patient
- Having a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is mandatory
- Having a standard First Aid and level C CPR certificate within 2 weeks of start date
- Proof of updated required Immunizations MMR, Varicella/Zosters, HepB, Tetanus and a negative Tuberculosis test (within 10 years)
- Must have a clear police check and vulnerable sector check (Upon Job Offer)
Who We Are:
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, the not-for-profit organization brings quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through its team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, SE Health delivers 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Please send your resume email@example.com
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.