Date Posted: May 29, 2023
SE Health is hiring Registered Nurses to join our team. This is a position for dynamic nurses who have a passion for seniors’ health and the aging population. You will use your clinical skills and apply a patient- and family-centred approach to ensure that our residents receive the highest quality care. This position is for our Points West Living facility in Red Deer, http://pointswestliving.com/red_deer_home.php
New graduates welcome!
Why join our team?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You'll benefit from our orientation, mentorship, and coaching programs. And our leadership team will support you to practice to full scope, to integrate the most current evidence into your practice, and are fully available to you 24x7 to support you in delivering the best possible care to your patients. We have on-site day care also available via a private provider.
- Empowerment. At our facility, our nurses are provided with a full degree of autonomy of practice, provide clinical leadership to our multi-disciplinary team every day, and are supported with leading-edge training related to Palliative and aging.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your nursing skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Innovative. At SE we are always looking for new innovative ways to improve. You’ll be encouraged and supported to identify and make improvements to the way we do our work. As a social enterprise we support research into Senior’s Health and Aging. You’ll have the ability to be part of this research firsthand, to learn from it, and will be supported to integrate that research into your practice.
- Competitive compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, recognition of previous experience and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
Under the direction of the Director of Care/Wellness Manager, the Registered Nurse (RN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care. Within the scope of practice appropriate to an RN, they will meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families. The RN is a direct client/resident service provider involved in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for clients/residents’ clients living in the Supportive Living and/or Long-Term Care environment and is required to clearly communicate with others, work compassionately with clients/residents, and advocate on behalf of clients/residents and families.
Care Management and Therapeutic Interventions
- Assists in client’s admissions to the facility including conducting a health interview and physical assessment
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders, and administrative policies, as well as observe, report, and record vital signs, symptoms, and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review, and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality as per the Eden Philosophy framework.
- Focuses care on identified health needs and promotes quality client care through ongoing assessment and evaluation of client and family responses to care
- Consults with Clinical Educator, or Physicians regarding new clinical problems, unforeseen needs or when care plan is not achieving expected outcomes
- Establishes and maintains a nurse-client therapeutic relationship that reflects knowledge of the boundary and ethical issues unique to community nursing and seeks support for problem-solving
- Provides client information and acts as liaison between client and other members of the multidisciplinary health care team to promote optimal client care and outcomes
- Integrates health education and teaching into all aspects of care to promote client and family health and independence
- Acts as a client advocate to promote the well-being of the client and family
- Identifies and reports quality and risk issues to management
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows the organization’s clinical policies and procedures and medical directives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and follows all relevant College of Nurses of Alberta Standards of Practice
- Acts as preceptor to students and/or new staff nurses
- Proactively identifies, promotes, and seeks to improve client and staff safety as part of their everyday work
- Oversees and participates in resident move ins, move outs/transfer of residents as needed
- Using appropriate communication tools, always demonstrates professional communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Assumes the role of team lead within the nursing and multidisciplinary team,enhances client care by working in partnership with, and effectively supporting the Licensed Practical Nurse, HealthCare Aides, or others through outreach, clinical discussion, collaborative care planning and teaching and delegation of client care
- Completes and maintains clear and accurate documentation related to client care, adhering to confidentiality and privacy legislation, contract standards, and the documentation standards of the
- Participates in internal and external meetings regarding nursing practice and client care
- Responds to individual client and family needs
- Reports identified incidents and shares client care issues and concerns to the manager in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Advocates for health care partners and residents
- Assists physicians on rounds as required
- Schedule’s client care needs for all health care partners
- Schedules HCA Care Partners as required (e.g., sick calls).
- Evaluates the need for and fulfills ad-hoc staffing requirements
- Performs chart audits
- Monitors all tracking tools to ensure are partners comply; follows up on staff discrepancies
- Attends care conferences and communicates resident concerns to appropriate Manager
- Reports incidents to Wellness Manager/General Manager/AHS afterhours as appropriate
- Ensures all services are provided in the most efficient manner, considering effective use of time and quality care to client
- Works within the defined nursing care delivery model, including providing a schedule of availability and working with team members and the manager to ensure adequate nursing availability to meet client care needs
- Records and processes data appropriately, accurately, and completely
- Submits client records, documentation, and billing records accurately and within required timeframes
- Current RN Certificate registered with the CARNA in good standing.
- Valid CPR certificate (Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider – Level C) Standard First Aid
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 90 days
- Updated Immunization record
- Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Case management and palliative care experience is an asset.
- Experience leading others with strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful, and sincere manner, with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner (strong conflict management skills).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org