Date Posted: December 04, 2023
Under the direction of the Wellness Manager, the Lead Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care. Within the scope of practice appropriate to an LPN, they will meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
Status: TEMP Full Time Nights - 1900-0715
Why join our team?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You'll benefit from our orientation, mentorship, and coaching programs. And our leadership team will support you to practice to full scope, to integrate the most current evidence into your practice, and are fully available to you 24x7 to support you in delivering the best possible care to your patients.
- Empowerment. At our facilities, our nurses are provided with a full degree of autonomy of practice, provide clinical leadership to our multi-disciplinary team every day, and are supported with leading-edge training related to Palliative and aging.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your nursing skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Innovative. At SE we are always looking for new innovative ways to improve. You’ll be encouraged and supported to identify and make improvements to the way we do our work. As a social enterprise we support research into Senior’s Health and Aging. You’ll have the ability to be part of this research firsthand, to learn from it, and will be supported to integrate that research into your practice.
- Competitive compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
As a Lead LPN at SE Health, you will:
- Oversees and participates in resident move ins, move outs/transfer of residents as needed
- Observes, monitors, and tracks facility outbreaks and submits appropriate documentation to public health
- Monitors and supports implementation of education programs developed by RN Educator
- Answer doorbells, phone calls and supervising any emergencies after hours and weekends.
- Responsible to cover any vacant shifts or sick calls during weekends and afterhours.
- Mentors new and existing care partners: Health Care Aide (HCA) and LPN
- Completes competency assessments for HCA and LPN: medication administration/bath/shower procedures
- Evaluates all health care staff on an ongoing basis with respect to meeting competency requirements; reports to Educator and/or Wellness Manager as need arises
- Assesses, supports and mentors unit LPNs in wound care; observes and gives direction to health care staff
- Advocates for health care partners and residents
- Assists physicians on rounds as required
- Schedule client care needs for all health care partners
- Schedules HCA Care Partners as required (e.g., sick calls).
- Evaluates the need for and fulfills ad-hoc staffing requirements
- Performs chart audits
- Monitors all tracking tools to ensure are partners are in compliance; follows up on staff discrepancies
- Attends care conferences and communicates resident concerns to appropriate Manager
- Reports incidents to Wellness Manager/General Manager/AHS afterhours as appropriate
- Assumes responsibility to follow up with Wellness Manager when AHS Case Manager is off site
- Participates on the following committees: IPC committee, OH&S committee, Quality Improvement Committee
- Assumes the role of Fire Warden
- Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality as per the Eden Philosophy framework.
- Current LPN Certificate registered with the CLPNA in good standing.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Experience leading others with strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with the ability todeal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner (strong conflict management skills).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Good computer skills
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience
Posted July 31st, 2023