Date Posted: January 20, 2023
We are looking to hire Therapy Assistants (OTA/PTA) to join our Transitions team - this is an exciting opportunity to be at the front-line of health care innovation in Canada.
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Therapy Assistants (OTA/PTA) who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You are excited about working in an environment that puts the care team in the driving seat and part of a self-directed team that offers a high level of autonomy and responsibility. You will be part of a diverse, collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community with a focus on a holistic plan of care and client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual domains. You are a member of the interdisciplinary team who will assist the client and family to reach the client’s care goals. As part of the SE Transitions team, you will be a part of the team that will be accountable for the care and services you provide and the outcomes your clients achieve.
- Provision of comprehensive care in an interdisciplinary team
- Provide continuous and comprehensive support to your team in the delivery of care for your client’s
- Maintains effective relationships/communication and works collaboratively with other disciplines to implement interdisciplinary care plans within your role
- Participate in regular interdisciplinary team communication (e.g. huddle, rounds, status updates)
- Uses communication tools to effectively communicate changes in the client’s condition to the primary care lead/clinician and other members of the care team as required
- Assists clients in care activities as assigned by the Physiotherapist and/or Occupational Therapist
- Provision of delegated acts/treatments as part of the interdisciplinary team and within the role of an unregulated care provider
- Provide care with clients and families adhering to SE Health’s policies and procedures as adopted from Ministry of Health Guidelines
- Proactively identifies, promotes and seeks to improve client safety as part of their everyday work
- OTA/PTA diploma or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary program
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience is preferred
- Experience in one of the following areas: home/community care, acute care, chronic disease management, health promotion and palliative care
- Community experience is an asset.
- Stroke Rehab experience is an asset
- Vulnerable sector check (current).
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and exercise good judgement is required
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org