Date Posted: September 18, 2023
The Clinical Nursing Manager (Registered Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational therapist) is a hybrid position reporting to the Director of Nursing and will provide leadership for our Post Operative Bundled Care Clinical program. Together with our hospital partners, you will support the recruitment, clinical practice, and business initiatives in the delivery of post-operative wellness and rehabilitation in the role of managing the delivery of nursing, PSW, OT, and PT care in their homes.
- Interface between hospital-based navigators and internal service coordination and customer service to facilitate operational processes to meet the needs of our clients as they return home for post-operative recovery.
- Develop relationships with hospital stakeholders as you represent SEHC's mission, vision, and values.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team including the Regional Director, Quality Manager, and Rehab leadership team to meet benchmarks for operational efficiencies and contractual obligations.
- Facilitate clinical education and clinical quality programs
- Develop and implement specialty projects in support of creative new initiatives and/or program expansions
- Participate in monthly steering committee meetings and weekly rounds with hospital partners
- Participate in the recruitment and orientation of new employees including clinical mentorship and ongoing competency evaluation.
- Co-ordinate and provide ongoing clinical education sessions for staff.
- Actively participate as a team member in project/program quality improvement initiatives
- Conduct monthly audits, including data analysis related to our key performance indicators.
- Work collaboratively with nursing and personal support teams to guide them with team engagement, scheduling capacity and resource management.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Membership, in good standing, with the applicable regulatory body:
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Master’s Degree in a Health Discipline or in progress preferred
- 2-5 years of management or supervisory experience in a healthcare organization
- A minimum of six (6) months community clinical experience preferred.
- Therapists require a minimum of five (5) years of cardiac rehab experience
- Consistently models Saint Elizabeth’s values and core competencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound understanding of documentation standards.
- Critical thinking and sound problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills/knowledge and familiarity with scheduling systems are preferred.
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license – ability to travel in Peel Region and surrounding areas and to Mississauga SE Office
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work-life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.