Date Posted: November 08, 2021
Your passion is to use your caregiver knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of people of all ages and care needs.
Status: Temp Full-time Evenings until Jan/Feb 2022 (1500-2300)
- Provide hospitality model service to residents, including personal care, activities of daily living, laundry, light housekeeping, assistance with meal delivery, orderly or porter service, assistance with recreational activities and leisure activities as per individual care plans.
- Provide Medication Assistance Program requirements as per resident care plan
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information (maintenance issues, concerns) to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate flexibility by being willing to change routine to accommodate needs of the resident.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan and SE Health policies & procedures, including participating in the development and updating of care plans.
- Charting within approved documentation system on a daily basis
- Actively participates in all ongoing educational programs
- HCA certificate plus GED or Grade 12 English equivalency
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 60 days is required
- Up to date immunization record including a current TB test within 1 year
- Knowledge of household management skills is required. Food Safe certificate is preferred
- Working knowledge of assistive aids is required
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment. Palliative Care training/experience is an asset
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgement is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- Ability to perform lifting and bending in awkward positions when assisting clients may be required
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org