Date Posted: October 26, 2021
As a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team, the casual Kinesiologist will collaborate in the provision of therapeutic services at our fracture clinic program at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital.
The Kinesiologist will work closely with our Orthopedic surgeons and other Healthcare practitioners in coordinating and assisting in various aspects of clinical operations and practices. The clinical kinesiologist will provide direct support to our specialists during clinic and be responsible to follow-up on all physician recommendations.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of a recognized program from an accredited Kinesiology Program with two years of experience.
You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands
Therapists will receive a temporary increase of $3.00 per hour for all client care hours
- Medical/Patient Intake and file reviews
- Provide care to an outpatient population with acute injury and post-op orthopaedic and musculoskeletal diagnoses, including total knee and hip replacement, total shoulder and shoulder surgery repair, post-fractures, ACL repairs etc.
- Follow-up on physician’s recommendation: this includes submitting requisitions, prescriptions, and referrals.
- Provide assigned, delegated treatment regimes.
- Provide patient education of treatment recommendations outlined by the physician in order to optimize patient outcomes
- Communicates effectively with patients and caregivers regarding patient activities
- Communicate with the clinic team for possible questions on a consistent and timely basis
- Adherence to all delegated responsibilities
- Maintaining timely charting and workload measurement.
- Ability to speak to patients with ease and confidence to explain their care plan, and the steps that will be taking place
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment, gait aids and wheelchairs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on an interdisciplinary team in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with adults individually and in group settings
- Ability to perform repetitive bending, reaching, pushing, lifting and transferring using proper/safe body mechanics.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills as relates to patient care
- A positive work and attendance record is essential.
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications.
- BCLS certificate.
- Available to work on weekdays, including o ccasional extended hrs
- Graduate of university Kinesiology degree program
- Registration with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario is required
- Experience working in an outpatient rehabilitation clinic considered an asset
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online EffieChristidis@sehc.com