Date Posted: May 30, 2023
Under the direction of the Wellness Manager, the Lead Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care. Within the scope of practice appropriate to an LPN, they will meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
· Oversees and participates in resident move ins, move outs/transfer of residents as needed
· Observes, monitors, and tracks facility outbreaks and submits appropriate documentation to public health
· Monitors and supports implementation of education programs developed by RN Educator
· Mentors new and existing care partners: Health Care Aide (HCA) and LPN
· Completes competency assessments for HCA and LPN: medication administration/bath/shower procedures
· Evaluates all health care staff on an ongoing basis with respect to meeting competency requirements; reports to Educator and/or Wellness Manager as need arises
· Assesses, supports, and mentors unit LPNs in wound care; observes and gives direction to health care staff
· Advocates for health care partners and residents
· Assists physicians on rounds as required
· Schedules client care needs for all health care partners
· Schedules HCA Care Partners as required (e.g. sick calls).
· Evaluates the need for and fulfills ad-hoc staffing requirements
· Performs chart audits
· Monitors all tracking tools to ensure are partners comply; follows up on staff discrepancies
· Attends care conferences and communicates resident concerns to appropriate Manager
· Reports incidents to Wellness Manager/General Manager/AHS afterhours as appropriate
· Assumes responsibility to follow up with Wellness Manager when AHS Case Manager is off site
· Participates on the following committees: IPC committee, OH&S committee, Quality Improvement Committee
· Assumes the role of Fire Warden
· Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations
· Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality as per the Eden Philosophy framework.
· Current LPN Certificate registered with the CLPNA in good standing.
· Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
· Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
· Palliative care experience is an asset.
· Experience leading others with strong collaboration skills.
· Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful, and sincere manner, with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner (strong conflict management skills).
· Strong oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
· Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
· Good computer skills
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Date Posted May 30, 2023