Date Posted: January 15, 2024
Looking for a nursing role that offers autonomy and an opportunity to make a difference?
SE Health is hiring Licensed Practical Nurses to join our team. This is a position for dynamic nurses who have a passion for seniors’ health and the aging population. You will use your clinical skills and apply a patient- and family-centred approach to ensure that our residents receive the highest quality care. This position is for our Taylor View Towers facility, Red Deer.
Status: PT 0700-1515 (30hrs bi weekly)
Why join our team?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You'll benefit from our orientation, mentorship, and coaching programs. And our leadership team will support you to practice to full scope, to integrate the most current evidence into your practice, and are fully available to you 24x7 to support you in delivering the best possible care to your patients. We have on-site day care also available via a private provider.
- Empowerment. At our facility, our nurses are provided with a full degree of autonomy of practice, provide clinical leadership to our multi-disciplinary team every day, and are supported with leading-edge training related to Palliative and aging.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your nursing skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Innovative. At SE we are always looking for new innovative ways to improve. You’ll be encouraged and supported to identify and make improvements to the way we do our work. As a social enterprise we support research into Senior’s Health and Aging. You’ll have the ability to be part of this research firsthand, to learn from it, and will be supported to integrate that research into your practice.
- Competitive compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, recognition of previous experience and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
Under the direction of the Manager or Director of Care, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care, within the scope of practice appropriate to an LPN, to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and facility policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated staff assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, coaching, and supporting
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner; adhere to all required infection prevention and control policies and practices.
- Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations.
- Participate in team meetings and training/learning opportunities as required.
- LPN Certificate, current active registration with the CLPNA in good standing.
- Updated immunization record
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 90 days
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level C CPR certificates.
- Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills (French language skills an asset).
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online VeronicaKanwar@sehc.com