Date Posted: November 30, 2023
We are currently hiring Part-Time Registered Nurse (RN) for Wound Ostomy Continence (WOC) Team in Toronto - Downtown Core
Offering sign on bonus $2000
This Nursing position is part of the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) which provides a $25,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment to an eligible employer
As a member of the Wound Ostomy Continence (WOC) Team at Toronto - Downtown Core, the NSWOC provides specialized holistic assessment and management as an interprofessional team member to meet the needs of individuals/families with ostomies, acute and chronic wounds, and urinary and fecal continence concerns.
Clinical Support and Consultation
- Perform detailed holistic assessment of clients with wound, ostomy and/or continence related concerns
- Formulate treatment recommendations in collaboration with the interprofessional team, and develop a plan of care based on the holistic assessment for clients who require wound, ostomy, and/or continence care
- Evaluate the plan of care, involve the Wound Ostomy Resource Nurse (WORN) and/or K2P Wound Care Resource Nurses (K2P WCRN) in evaluation process as appropriate
- Provide education and mentorship experiences in order to build wound, ostomy and continence knowledge and capacity within SE Health
- Provide consultation to care providers within the organization
- Facilitate the dissemination of wound, ostomy and continence knowledge.
- Coordinates/collaborates with interprofessional team across the continuum of care to reduce duplication of services, client anxiety, and cost
- Supports quality health care through teaching, mentoring, program development and quality monitoring
- Optimizes client outcomes through review of Quality Improvement (QI) reports to prioritize need
- Identify nursing trends and issues related to specialty wound ostomy and continence management
- Assist in the development of information tools and educational initiatives for care providers
- Remain updated on current evidence related to wound, ostomy and continence best practices
- Promote and participate in research-based practice
- Identify potential research initiatives
- Promote and participate in research projects.
- Submit case studies for publication
- Participate in conferences through poster presentations or oral abstracts.
- Support WORNs and K2P WCRNs in development of posters and case studies for conference presentation
- Participates with professional nursing associations to develop and enhance the delivery of health care for Canadians
- Collaborate in local Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) initiatives/working groups as required.
- Must have completed Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence Canada (NSWOCC) WOC-EP program (international certification will be considered if approved by NSWOCC),
- Current and active membership in NSWOC Canada, preferred.
- Must be an RN with current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario,
- Flexibility and a commitment to advancing wound, ostomy and continence care at SE Health is required,
- CNA certification credential WOCC(C) preferred,
- A willingness to participate in further education programs/courses to remain current,
- Adoption of the SE model for wound care delivery through mentorship of WORN/K2P WCRN,
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel are required,
- Excellent communication and teaching skills are required,
- A comprehensive knowledge of community health care is preferred,
- Demonstrated teaching skills and expertise in preparing effective teaching tools and methods are preferred, if not a willingness to develop in that area,
- An ability to use computer word processing, power point, email, and source information on the internet is preferred
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- $2000 sign on bonus
- Work schedule - Monday to Friday (8am - 4pm)
- Education bursaries.
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
To be eligible for the Return of Service the nurse must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than March 31, 2024
- Commit to 24-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online HinaKhalid@sehc.com