Hamilton - Wentworth
Date Posted: July 19, 2022
We are hiring a Full-Time Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence
$3000 Sign-on Bonus!
As a member of the Wound Ostomy Continence (WOC) Team the NSWOC provides specialized holistic assessment and management as an interprofessional team member to meet the needs of individuals/families with ostomies, acute and chronic wounds, and urinary and fecal continence concerns.
Clinical Support and Consultation
- Perform detailed holistic assessment of clients with wound, ostomy and/or continence related concerns
- Formulate treatment recommendations in collaboration with the interprofessional team, and develop a plan of care based on the holistic assessment for clients who require wound, ostomy, and/or continence care
- Evaluate the plan of care, involve the Wound Ostomy Resource Nurse (WORN) and/or K2P Wound Care Resource Nurses (K2P WCRN) in evaluation process as appropriate
- Provide education and mentorship experiences in order to build wound, ostomy and continence knowledge and capacity within SE Health
- Provide consultation to care providers within the organization
- Facilitate the dissemination of wound, ostomy and continence knowledge
- Coordinates/collaborates with interprofessional team across the continuum of care to reduce duplication of services, client anxiety, and cost
- Must have completed Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence Canada (NSWOCC) WOC-EP program (international certification will be considered if approved by NSWOCC),
- Must be an active member of NSWOCC,
- Must be an RN with current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario,
- Flexibility and a commitment to advancing wound, ostomy, and continence care at SE Health is required,
- CNA certification credential WOCC(C) preferred,
- A willingness to participate in further education programs/courses to remain current,
- Adoption of the SE model for wound care delivery through mentorship of WORN/K2P WCRN,
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel are required,
- Excellent communication and teaching skills are required,
- A comprehensive knowledge of community health care is preferred,
- Demonstrated teaching skills and expertise in preparing effective teaching tools and methods are preferred, if not a willingness to develop in that area,
- An ability to use computer word processing, power point, email, and source information on the internet is preferred.
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal ad provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org