Date Posted: August 22, 2023
Make an Impact on People’s Lives; Join SE Health as an Occupational Therapist
About Saint Elizabeth
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision, and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions, and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
SE Health Occupational Therapists are the best of the best. We provide person-centered care, an ability to build rapport and trust with your clients while positively seeing them progress in their home. When you choose to join SE Health, you join a diverse, collaborative, and supportive care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services to a roster of clients in your community. You’ll apply a client-centered approach to address clients’ physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours!
- Conducting assessments
- Formulating goals and recommendations
- Planning and implementing client-centered, goal-directed treatment programs
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Develop yourself with SE . We have Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. Our leadership team will support you to practice to full scope, to integrate the most current evidence into your practice, and to be part of a strong and supportive team that gives you the right mix of team and independence. SE’s orientation and development programs are designed to support both new and seasoned practitioners to excel, and to enable you to provide the very best care in a warm and nurturing way.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to control your schedule to balance your life around childcare or elder care or whatever it is you need to do to have a healthy balance of life and work. You have the freedom to set and adjust your schedule, with your roster of clients.
- Support to be your best. SE Therapists are afforded the time they need to help their patients, to build rapport, to accomplish patient care and recovery goals, and to understand the home and life environments that impact recovery in a way you can’t in most other settings. At SE, you meet your patients where they are, and together you take them to new heights!
- Grow your career. SE Health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing therapy roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your therapy skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways
- Competitive Compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive rate, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- A graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy and a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Recent experience in managing patients in acute/rehab or community-based rehabilitation programs is required
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high-performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com