Hamilton - Wentworth
Date Posted: February 22, 2019
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Full- Time - School Health - Hamilton area
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
• Conducting assessments
• Formulating goals and recommendations
• Planning and implementing patient centered, goal-directed treatment programs through the use of Therapy Assistants
• A graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy ( OT)and are a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
• Recent experience in managing patients in acute/rehab or community based rehabilitation programs is required
• Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
• Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset.
• Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• A positive work and attendance record is essential
• Ability to adapt to new computer applications
Saint Elizabeth is a national health care provider that has been opening the door to new possibilities and care experiences for more than a century. Recognized as Canada’s largest social enterprise, we employ 8,000 people and visit 18,000 clients every day. Through the Saint Elizabeth Research Centre, our Health Career Colleges and the Saint Elizabeth Foundation, we are helping to make the future of health care brighter and stronger. Learn more at www.saintelizabeth.com or find us on Twitter at @StElizabethSEHC.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.