Date Posted: July 20, 2021
As a key member of the SE Health clinical team at Points West Living Red Deer, the Occupational Therapist will work with resident to increase their health and wellness. The suitable therapist will be able to work well independently and, within an interprofessional team focused on customer service focused, and have great people skills. Your passion is to use your caregiver knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic rehabilitation care to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of people of all ages and care needs.
Occupational Therapists will provide patient management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and follow-up services to patients. The successful candidate will be familiar working in a team environment and in delegating treatment to appropriately qualified therapy assistants.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy and are a member in good standing of the Alberta College of Occupational Therapist You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Conducting assessments
- Formulating goals and recommendations
- Planning and implementing patient centered, goal-directed treatment programs using Therapy Assistants
- Working with the interdisciplinary care team and providing care within AHS care guidelines
- Recent experience in managing patients in acute or long term care rehabilitation programs is required
- Completion of master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Active registration and practice permit from the Alberta College of Occupational Therapist (ACOT)
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications
- BCLS and CPR certificate
About Saint Elizabeth
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org