Date Posted: March 10, 2023
Part-Time Personal Support Workers (PSW)
Days and Evening shifts
SE Health PSWs are the best of the best. We provide care, companionship, household management, and daily living support to clients in their homes. When you choose to join SE Health, you join a diverse and collaborative care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services to a roster of clients in your community. You’ll apply a client-centered approach to address clients’ physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours!
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and well-being. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Why join our team?
· Competitive Compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff .
· Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
· Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
· Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and to be part of a team.
· Subsidized OPSWA memberships
· Paid travel time, between clients
· Mobile device and 3 uniforms provided
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Personal Support Workers (PSW). This role involves working at Walden Circle Retirement Home.
· Follow care plan as recommended
· Trouble shoot machine and report issues to supervising nurse
· Respond to emergencies and system alarms
· Provide care and monitor as per care plan
· Documentation of assessments, changes in patient conditions or treatment, critical incidents, difficult events. Etc.
· Maintain care records
· PSW Certificate or OPSWA certificate
· Proven professionalism, accountability, responsibility, and reliability
· Proven record of excellent attendance
· Full-day availability for 7 days however shifts are dependent on client’s needs, typically 3-5 shifts per week including weekends
· Available to work anytime between 7 am to 6 pm with an open availability 7 days a week
· Proficient computer/technological skills
· Aptitude for manual dexterity
· Work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
· Well-developed interpersonal, communication, organizational, problem solving, conflict management skills
· Maintains positive relationships to deliver person/family centered care
· Act as a patient advocate; can clearly and fluently communicate the patient’s needs, able to deescalate issues
· Ability to travel to Walden Circle must have a car and drivers license
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose. Please note: All three dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine is a requirement for all staff, students and volunteers working in a Long-Term Care. ** Some retirement homes are already implementing this requirement. **
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact our Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org