Date Posted: June 01, 2023
We are currently hiring Full and Part-Time Registered Nurse (RN) for ambulatory care clinic in Keswick Region
Offering sign on bonus $5000
This Nursing position is part of the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) which provides a $25,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment to an eligible employer
We are seeking dynamic, passionate Nurse who will be part of a diverse and collaborative care team at our community ambulatory care clinic in Keswick. This setting allows for enhanced utilization of community resources, teamwork, and partnering while supporting individuals to achieve their optimal level of health and independence.
Working in this clinic setting you will schedule client visits and provide treatment according to client service plans. Treatment provided includes basic and advanced wound care, injections, ostomy care, IV infusions, and related nursing treatments. You will work with electronic information management systems to facilitate daily operations.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- Mentorship, consultative, and coaching support from a diverse group of nursing leaders 24x7 to support your clinical practice
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training, and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- $5000 sign on bonus
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Work Perks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Demonstrated flexibility in hours of employment is required (must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends)
- Advanced wound care and compression bandaging experience
- Experience in IV insertion and IV therapy
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- A broad skillset and competency in medical/surgical procedures
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Working knowledge of Quality Improvement processes
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A current CPR certificate
- A demonstrated proficiency in basic computer skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be an asset
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion), and numerous hand grips of varying forces.
To be eligible for the Return of Service the nurse must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than March 31, 2024
- Commit to 24-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online HinaKhalid@sehc.com