Date Posted: October 24, 2021
Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home (2601 Bayview Avenue, North York, On M2L 1B3).
Are you looking to make a difference? If you are a dedicated RPN that takes the time to collaborate with your client, who is compassionate and willing to focus on their well being, rather than the individual tasks at hand, then this role may be for you!
SE Health has an immediate need for Part time Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) who have a passion for caring for others and who are able to not only assist clients with activities of personal care, meals, recreational activities and household management, but who take the time to foster relationships and truly understand the wants and needs of those that they provide care for. This may be your opportunity to work in a residential setting supporting seniors with dementia live a joyful life. Your role will build off leading edge models of care with this population maximizing on innovative tools and resources.
The successful candidate will have a strong affinity for working with patients with Alzheimers and Dementia and is a strong nurse leader. A key principle that we look for specific to this role is ‘relational caring’. Relational caring is the on-going process of building a person’s capacity to support another person in their growth and well-being. This means we are looking for a candidate whom has strong empathy, attention to detail, who is real and honest with others, and a strong advocate for compassionate relationships.
Evening Shift - 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Full time)
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and Community policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated care partners assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, teaching delegated tasks, coaching, and supporting as per the hospitality model.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence,
- Identifies health, safety or maintenance issues, and reports as required.
- Liaising with and other health care professionals, families, and any other people required in order to facilitate the highest level of resident care.
- Actively participates in team meetings and training/learning opportunities as required.
- Charting on daily basis
- Assist with completing audits and other quality improvement initiatives
- As a strong nurse leader you are responsible to effectively communicate with all members of the team including residents, families, non-regulated care partners
- Provide support in monitoring food and meal services
- Perform well in stressful situations with an ability to prioritize, be flexible and effectively manage your time and responsibilities.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
- RPN Certificate, current registration with the CNO in good standing.
- 5- 10 years of community and/ or long term care experience
- Experience in Dementia/Alzheimer care
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Certificates is an asset. U-first, GPA, Workshops, GPI.
- Positive attitude and self-motivated, with a proved ability to work well in team environments.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities and to stay focused while dealing with constant interruptions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to write for different audiences with an appropriate tone and faultless grammar.
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to prioritize
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Mental health experience is an asset
- Ufirst Training is required
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment to meet resident needs.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good computer skills
- Availability for evenings, days, and every other weekend. Shifts will be informed in advance based on available shifts and openings
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com