Date Posted: April 11, 2022
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Status Full Time
Internal applicants apply no later than April 18th
Reporting to the Regional Director, and working closely with the Director of Care, the General Manager (GM) is accountable for managing and providing leadership for assigned site-based operations.
The General Manager (GM) is a key leader in the Community and is responsible for all elements of administration (payroll, scheduling, resident billing, etc.), maintenance (preventative maintenance programs, safety checks, vendor management), support services (food service, housekeeping, laundry, etc.), and marketing (digital strategy, community outreach, sales, etc.) while ensuring optimal quality of care and customer service and satisfaction, along with the implementation of all standardized regional and clinical policies and processes.
Through the direct leadership and management of people and resources, the GM oversees the operational and administrative activities of operations and fosters an environment that empowers and supports individuals to provide safe, high quality care.
The GM ensures assigned operations are compliant with LTC and SL Accommodations Standards and that services at the site are delivered in an effective and efficient manner through consultative advice on service design, policies and procedures, as well as management and leadership.
The GM will have responsibility for, and oversight of, the site’s operating budget, as well as adherence to Direct Care Hour (DCH) accountability. The GM will be a consistent and active participant in any site-based marketing initiatives and will be responsible for ensuring occupancy targets are met.
- Completion of post secondary education in business or related field, plus 7 (seven) years’ recent related experience, including two (2) years in leadership role, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Accommodation experience in the retirement living or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of the budget process, profit and loss statement and control of expense and cost.
- All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Ms. Office and email applications
- Knowledge of Residential Care Licensing Act and Occupational Health and Safety
- Able to plan, organize and direct the operations of the facility
- Innovative, creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to read, write. and verbally communicate effectively in English
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships
- Conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org