Date Posted: April 26, 2022
ARE YOU A COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER? DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN AN IN-HOME SETTING, working with ONE client to focus your care and expertise on? We are currently seeking certified CHWs to help support several of our clients in and around Victoria. Several shifts and regular hours are available.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits
- Extensive paid orientation program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
Provides home support services to clients such as assisting with activities of daily living, performing delegated tasks for which transfer of function training has been completed, planning and preparing meals, and light housekeeping.
Follow Care Plans and maintain accurate client records utilizing the appropriate documentation
- Maintain effective relationships with clients promoting physical and emotional independence
- Clear understanding of the accountability and expectations that are associated with transferable skills/delegated tasks
- Effectively communicate changes in the client condition to your supervisor, and maintain effective relationships with other team members
- Proactively identify, promote and seek to improve client safety as part of your everyday work, and seeks support from the Nurse Supervisor for responding to medical and ethical dilemmas
- A current CPR and First Aid Certificate is required
- A current Criminal and Reference Check
- A working knowledge of assistive aids is required
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgment is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- Ability to perform lifting and bending when assisting clients may be required
- Ability to use technology for communication is required
- Access to own transportation is good to have
- BC care aide registry is good to have but is not mandatory
- Equivalent education and experience/ training considered
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org