Date Posted: October 15, 2021
We are looking to hire Part Time Community Health Workers (CHWs) with Guaranteed paid work to join our team in Vancouver & Burnaby- this is an exciting opportunity to be at the front-line of health care innovation in Canada.
Part Time Guaranteed Hours - Working shifts within our client’s homes in Vancouver & Burnaby Days/Evenings/ Shifts Available
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Rates starting at $19.50 for all the registered candidates
- You will have 15 hours PAID guaranteed work per week
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Extensive paid orientation program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses
Provides home support services to clients such as assisting with activities of daily living, performing delegated tasks for which transfer of function training has been completed, planning and preparing meals, and light housekeeping.
Follow Care Plans and maintain accurate client records utilizing the appropriate documentation
- Maintain effective relationships with clients promoting physical and emotional independence
- Clear understanding of the accountability and expectations that are associated with transferable skills/delegated tasks
- Effectively communicate changes in the client condition to your supervisor, and maintain effective relationships with other team members
- Proactively identify, promote and seek to improve client safety as part of your everyday work, and seeks support from the Nurse Supervisor for responding to medical and ethical dilemmas
- A current CPR and First Aid Certificate is required
- A current Criminal and Reference Check
- A working knowledge of assistive aids is required
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgment is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- Ability to perform lifting and bending when assisting clients may be required
- Ability to use technology for communication is required
- Access to own transportation is good to have
- Available for at least 24 hours/ week
- BC care aide registry is good to have but is not mandatory
- Equivalent education and experience/ training considered
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online VeronicaKanwar@sehc.com