Date Posted: October 25, 2021
Status: 0.04 FTE Part-time Days 3:00 pm-11:00 pm
- Provide hospitality model service to residents, including personal care, activities of daily living, laundry, light housekeeping, assistance with meal delivery, orderly or porter service, assistance with recreational activities and leisure activities as per individual care plans.
- Provide Medication Assistance Program requirements as per resident care plan
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information (maintenance issues, concerns) to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate flexibility by being willing to change routine to accommodate needs of the resident.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan and Saint Elizabeth policies & procedures, including participating in the development and updating of care plans.
- Charting within approved documentation system on a daily basis
- Actively participates in all ongoing educational programs
- Certificate from a recognized HCA Program, or equivalent training and/or experience
- One year of relevant experience is preferred
- Access to a computer and basic computer skills is required
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Current Heart and Stroke BLS Level C required. Food Handling, and First Aid certificates an asset
- Criminal Record Check and References (upon hire)
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
Internal applicants apply by November 01, 2021
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org