Date Posted: September 18, 2023
SE Health is hiring Full Time Personal Support Workers (PSWs) - Journey Home Hospice
Toronto shelters are often unable to provide planned palliative care deaths in their facilities and homeless individuals are likely to lack the family and social support networks that assist in providing care in the community. As a result, these individuals are dying on the street and in hospitals. Through the partnership with Hospice Toronto we have opened a 10-bed hospice to support the needs of the homeless population in Toronto.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Current PSW Certificate mandatory and availability to work flexible shifts (Days & Nights)
- Direct experience working with Mental Health patients and/or homeless populations preffered
- Hospice Palliative care experience and ongoing continuing education is an asset
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Excellent Communication skills both orally and verbally along with exceptional computer skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of an integrated team (nurse, physician, hospices, etc)
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- A current CPR and first aid certificate is required
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.