Date Posted: November 18, 2022
Full time Permanent (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM) (One weekend shift per month required) (37.5 hours a week)
SE Health is currently seeking a full time permanent Physiotherapist to work at Mackenzie Health Hospital complex continuing care department. The physiotherapist will provide patient management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and follow-up services to patients. The successful candidate will be familiar working in a team environment and in delegating treatment to appropriately qualified therapy assistants.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Conduct physiotherapy assessments in acute and rehab populations.
- Plan and implement patient-centered, goal-directed treatment programs.
- Provide treatment interventions in collaboration with Therapy Assistants.
- Document patient care interventions formulating goals and recommendations.
- Input and monitor workloas in accordance with SE and Mackenzie Health requirements
- Make recommendations regarding discharge and liaise with inter-professional team members as required.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- At least 1 year of acute care experience is required
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with therapy assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Recent experience in managing patients in acute/rehab or community based rehabilitation programs is required
- Experience working in an inpatient setting is required
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications
- BCLS certificate
- Criminal background check, Vulnerable sector check and Immunization (current)
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org