Hamilton - Wentworth
Date Posted: September 27, 2021
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Registered Nurse (RN), who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You will have opportunities to provide point of care leadership as the primary provider for client populations of whom you are accountable for. You will also be part of a diverse and collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work in optimal RN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
SE Health is hiring Palliative Shift RN's into a Full Time position. There are several positions for dynamic passionate nurses who have experience in palliative care. As a team member you will work overnight providing care for our palliative population. This is truly a client-centered approach to addressing our clients’ needs in the Community.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team: We are offering a $5000 sign on bonus!
- RN (Registered Nurse) who are educated in palliative care and have experience.
- Excellent knowledge of palliative assessment and end of life medications
- LEAP, CAPCE, CNA Certification in Palliative Care. Please bring what you have!
- Experience in the provision of high quality evidence-based direct patient care and demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning.
If you love palliative care and want to be part of the SE Health salaried team then please apply!
There are many reasons why you want to bring your talent to our team:
- Full time shift position
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to care for diverse client populations
- Mentorship, Consultative and coaching support for a diverse group of nursing leaders 24x7 to support your clinical practice
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total rewards program which includes group benefits and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Work Perks
- In response to the ongoing COVID Pandemic, SE Health has implemented a temporary wage enhancement of $3.00 per hour (fully funded by SE) for Nurses. Please discuss with your recruiter for further information
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Available to work in Hamilton and surrounding areas.
- Experience with Palliative Clients is an asset
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- Availability to work 4 nights per week 11pm - 7am and every other weekend in the community.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email etc.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes.
- A current CPR certificate is required.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching at chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion) and numerous hand grips of varying forces.
- Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online AimenZaki@sehc.com