Date Posted: July 19, 2022
Looking for a nursing role that offers autonomy and an opportunity to make a difference?
SE Health is hiring Registered Nurses to join our team. This is a position for dynamic nurses who have a passion for seniors’ health and the aging population. You will use your clinical skills and apply a patient- and family-centred approach to ensure that our residents receive the highest quality care. This position is for our Millrise Seniors Living facility in Calgary, https://seniorsliving.sehc.com/millrise
New graduates welcome!
Why join our team?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You'll benefit from our orientation, mentorship, and coaching programs. And our leadership team will support you to practice to full scope, to integrate the most current evidence into your practice, and are fully available to you 24x7 to support you in delivering the best possible care to your patients. We have on-site day care also available via a private provider.
- Empowerment. At our facility, our nurses are provided with a full degree of autonomy of practice, provide clinical leadership to our multi-disciplinary team every day, and are supported with leading-edge training related to Palliative and aging.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your nursing skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Innovative. At SE we are always looking for new innovative ways to improve. You’ll be encouraged and supported to identify and make improvements to the way we do our work. As a social enterprise we support research into Senior’s Health and Aging. You’ll have the ability to be part of this research firsthand, to learn from it, and will be supported to integrate that research into your practice.
- Competitive compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, recognition of previous experience and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
As an RN at SE Health, you will:
- Assists in clients’ admissions to the facility including conducting a health interview and physical assessment
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review, and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Focuses care on identified health needs and promotes quality client care through ongoing assessment and evaluation of client and family responses to care
- Provides client information and acts as liaison between client and other members of the multidisciplinary health care team to promote optimal client care and outcomes
- Integrates health education and teaching into all aspects of care to promote client and family health and independence
- Assumes the role of team lead within the nursing and multidisciplinary team, enhances client care by working in partnership with, and effectively supporting the Licensed Practical Nurse, HealthCare Aides, or others through outreach, clinical discussion, collaborative care planning and teaching and delegation of client care.
- Current active registration with CRNA in good standing.
- Current CPR certificate is required.
- Current satisfactory vulnerable sector check is required upon hire.
- Up to date immunization record including a current TB test within 1 year.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment to meet resident needs.
- Good computer skills
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com