Date Posted: March 17, 2023
The Bow River Seniors Lodge is a 60 unit Supported Living facility in Canmore, Alberta: 30 units SL4 and 30 units SL4D. SE Health (SE) will be providing care management services and Bow Valley Regional Housing (BVRH) will be providing hospitality and accommodations services.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Wellness Manager will oversee and coordinate the clinical services, operational processes and administrative activities of the site as it relates to care management. The Wellness Manager will work with internal and external partners to set direction for the care and service within the facility and will participate in monitoring the operational budget and engage at site level planning. The Wellness Manager will create a climate of respect, follow SE Health standards, comply with the Continuing Care Health Services Standards (CCHSS), and support adhere to the Supportive Living Accommodation Standards. This role manages all onsite performance, key performance indicators and will provide direct supervision to the frontline care partners.
- Interview and select support staff to meet ongoing staff requirements.
- Provide staff with regular and ongoing feedback related to outcomes, professional and person-centered development. Provide formal feedback in the form of probationary and annual performance appraisals.
- Utilize the Performance Management system to coach, support and evaluate personal support staff.
- Facilitate orientation of new staff along with ongoing education and development of staff
- Strategize with service coordination and customer service to facilitate operational processes.
- Lead staff team meetings.
- Collaborate with the Director and Supervisor colleagues to meet or exceed benchmarks for operational efficiencies and to assist in the attainment of all required contractual and performance standards.
- Actively participate as a leadership team member in project/program development and implementation.
- Participate in creating, delivering and maintaining an exceptional quality program
- Creating an environment that builds on the principles of integrated team approach (nurses, coordinators and HCAs)
- Day hours, with flexibility in covering evenings and weekends related to business needs, staff training and delegating needs.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with CRNA
- Experience working in a Senior Living facility is a requirement
- Minimum 4-year leadership or educator experience is preferred
- Current CPR certificate
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with multiple competing priorities
- Outcome-oriented and able to achieve desired results
- An ability to deal with conflict and excellent problem-solving skills
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing and able to provide care for our clients, if required.
- Performance management experience is preferred
- Familiarity with the AHS collaborative practice model is preferred
- Experience with CCHSS and Accommodations Standards and related audit cycles
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience