Date Posted: September 28, 2021
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Wellness Manager will oversee and coordinate the operational and administrative management at Sagebrush- Optima Living in Wetaskiwin Alberta (Currently known as Points West Living Wetaskiwin till October 1st). The Wellness Manager will work with internal and external partners to set direction for the care and service within the facility and will participate in monitoring the operational budget and engage at site level planning. The Wellness Manager will create a climate of respect and adhere to both SE Health and Optima Living standards. This role manages all onsite performance, key performance indicators and will provide direct supervision to the frontline carepartners.
- Interview and select support staff to meet ongoing staff requirements.
- Provide staff with regular and ongoing feedback related to outcomes, professional and person-centered development. Provide formal feedback in the form of probationary and annual performance appraisals.
- Utilize the Performance Management system to coach, support and evaluate personal support staff.
- Facilitate orientation of new staff along with ongoing education and development of staff
- Strategize with service coordination and customer service to facilitate operational processes.
- Lead staff team meetings.
- Collaborate with the Director and Supervisor colleagues to meet or exceed benchmarks for operational efficiencies and to assist in the attainment of all required contractual and performance standards.
- Actively participate as a leadership team member in project/program development and implementation.
- Participate in creating, delivering and maintaining an exceptional quality program
- Creating an environment that builds on the principles of integrated team approach (nurses, coordinators and HCAs)
- Day hours, with flexibility in covering evenings and week-ends related to business needs, staff training and delegating needs.
- Participate in an on call rotation.
- Participate in community site visits with personal support staff, and other partners
- A regulated health care professional RN, holding a current professional license, in good standing, to practice in Alberta
- Experience working in a Senior Living facility is an asset
- Minimum 1 year leadership or educator experience is preferred.
- A current CPR certificate.
- Role models Saint Elizabeth’s Mission Values Vision, professionalism and accountability in daily practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, with multiple competing priorities.
- Outcome-oriented and able to achieve desired results.
- An ability to deal with conflict and excellent problem solving skills.
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Willing and able to provide care for our clients, if required.
- Performance management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the design and/or delivery of adult learning activities is preferred.
- Familiarity with the funding and administration of community health services is preferred.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org