Date Posted: October 04, 2021
SE Health is looking to hire Recreational Therapist for its facility in Edmonton!
Your passion is to improve the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of people of all ages and care needs, in their homes and in the community, by advocating the use of recreation and leisure activities to improve functional ability. You are a dedicated and compassionate professional with experience in assessing needs, developing treatment plans, and educating clients in the benefits of participating in recreation and leisure activities.
Casual temporary until July 2022
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to us:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with over a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Round-the-clock access to clinical and managerial support
- Flexible scheduling
- Work in your own community
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy, Leisure Studies, or equivalent
- At least 3 years recent related experience
- Able to work autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Membership with good standing in ATRA
- Current First Aid and CPR
- A vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms and frequent movement and bending
- Criminal record check and references required (upon hire)
Internal applicants please apply by October 12th, 2021
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online VeronicaKanwar@sehc.com